Faithful Reader, I skipped a week and I am a day late this week and all I can say for myself is… ain’t that some shit! Well… maybe I can add a little more explanation- my life has been busy! Seriously, busy. I know, that is no excuse but, it’s the best I can do. I do want to expound for you and open a window into my mind and what I have been chewing on these last couple weeks.
- Potty Training Update: As you know, Baby Bub has been less than enthusiastic about using the potty. Well, the last time I bought diapers, I made a big deal about it being the last time I bought diapers. And he and I would check to see how many we had left periodically. I was incredibly clear that when the diapers ran out, he was just gonna have to wear underwear. So, the day came… and by 10AM I was wondering if indeed we were ready for this. *Yes, it is a we thing- Baby Bub and me. But, I knew deep down in my heart that I just needed to push him a little. Also, after that first day, I am absolutely 100% sure, we are one and done because I DO NOT want to potty train another child- ever. We went through 10 pairs of underwear- not because he was having major accidents every time but, because he would sprinkle just a little in them and we would run for the toilet. And, we set the “potty timer” and every 15 minutes we went to the potty and he got an M&M just for sitting on the potty because at first he didn’t even want to do that… but, then the next day dawned and we only went through 4 pairs of underwear and these days, we still have an occasional accident but by in large, he is potty trained! Ain’t that some shit!!! And PS he loves peeing in the yard.
- And I want to thank Leigh for my sweet birthday post. 36. Party People- I am 36 years old- Ain’t that some shit!!! That is cray. This is the first year in recent memory that my birthday hasn’t had this horrible dark cloud over it- let’s take a minute to thank the fine people at the Prozac plant for that. 🙂 And in the next breath, my child is 3. Bub and I have managed to keep him alive for 3 years- I mean, cray. And, I mean- Ain’t that some shit!
3. Due to scheduling conflicts we decided to do Baby Bub’s birthday on Halloween and then just let the party lead into trick-or-treating. Remember, my neighborhood is awesome for trick-or-treating. It was fun and an great excuse for Pammie, Poppy, Aunt Stacey and them to trick-or-treat with us. Plus, it also meant that Baby Bub got to trick-or-treat with his 2 best friends, Jackson the Fireman and Maddox the Transformer. I mean, these boys had a blast!
4. Um, all the sudden- it’s like it is hotter than hell in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Which, on one hand- is awesome and on the other hand… it would be nice if it wasn’t 87F and 110%humidity. It is November now. But, my favorite time of day is what I like to call Happy Hour aka when the sun is going down and it is such a treat to get to enjoy these Happy Hours in November. The sunsets this time of year are spectacular- look, ain’t that some shit!
5. Okay, let me pull out my soapbox. Is it just me or has the presidential campaigning started exceptionally early? We are still a year out! Why can’t they wait until January?!! And it seems like everybody and their brother (or sister) is running! Seriously. I know, I am breaking the rule of discussing politics on the blog but it’s my blog and my soapbox— this is the candidate that I am waiting on- the one that won’t tell me how to live me life- why is the government telling me how to live my life? My lifestyle is none of the government’s business!!! – and I want the same candidate to be very diligent with my tax money! I am thinking that because we have had a Democratic president for the past 8 years, the American public will elect a Republican… and well, if that’s the case- I like Chris Christie, But, hell- we’re still a year out from elections!
One thing is for sure, we have plenty of choices! Ain’t that some shit!
6. Okay. So, I have a new show- thanks to my Daddy. It’s his show but, I have been totally sucked in. And I want to go ahead and say if you don’t have Netflix, you are likely out of luck on this one. Drum roll please… I’m talking about Longmire.
My Daddy came and spent a night or two with us 6 weeks ago and we watched a couple episodes and then he came this past week and we marathon watched 5 or 6 episodes and I was totally hooked. Here’s the jist- a western sheriff, his deputies and all the mysteries they can solve- yep, ain’t that some shit?
7. Just a head’s up. Our annual wish list is in the works. And I got a new bag I am just dying for! Don’t doubt it. Bogg Bag anybody?
8. Okay, and back to why my life has been cray- the remodeling has gotten intense! The deck and the porch decking is complete!
Did I mention this part of the remodeling? Bub and I have wanted bonafied outdoor living space since the moment we moved into this house. And we are most certainly on our way. We are going to have an open deck and a screened-in porch. The deck is just about finished and the roofer will be here Monday to start on the roof— I mean, this screened in porch involves a new roof line and all this other stuff-are you catching on? Ain’t that some shit!? When it’s finished it’s gonna be so phat!
9. Okay, the last two on the list- are previews to what is coming in the next couple weeks. One, is a yard sale expose– yep, I just wrapped up my very first yard sale and I have tons of insight.
I am going to lay it all out… I know you are surprised that I have things to say— ain’t that some shit?!
10. And also, I have done my research and by research I mean, trolling Pinterest, but I have done my research and I am ready to try my hand at chalk paint. See this beauty that my mom gave me- it’s got chalk paint written all over it.
And, I am going to fully report back– because I am not talking about Annie Sloane, I am talking about homemade chalk paint-— yep, it’s gonna be some shit!
Oh Dear Reader, thank you for bearing with me. I do want to hear about what has gotten you all tangled up in life.
What/who is Annie Sloane? That is the second time I’ve heard that name in the last few days.
Leigh, Annie Sloane is a brand of chalk paint- a quart of Annie runs about $35… although a little goes a long way, it is kind of on the pricey side.